Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Raider Legend Retires From Coaching


Raider Legend aand Hall of Famer, Fred Biletnikoff is retiring as receivers coach for the Oakland Raiders. We all know Fred will continue to work in some capacity with the Raiders organization, he's a huge chunk of what makes the Raiders Da Raiders!

I shudder to think that he was forced out by the newly younger coaching staff being part together. I'll just chalk it all up to timing. Maybe it's just Fred's time to move on in life. I can't imagine where he'll move on to, but he should know he'll always have a home with the Raiders.

I personally took a liking to Fred Biletnikoff after he suffered the tragedy of losing his daughter Tracy. The Raider nation mourned along with Fred and felt his pain. It made me that much more aware of my parental fears and I became more interested in building a better relationship with my own son. The Tracy Biletnikoff foundation continues in her honor.

Thanks for all the loyal years you've given to the Oakland Raiders Fred. We'll see yah around the Coliseum come football season.

No comments: