Friday, January 26, 2007

New Raiders Head Coach: Lane Kiffin


Okay, its been a few days since Lane Kiffin was introduced as the Raiders next Head Coach. I know I should be welcoming this change with open arms, but there's just something about this young man that makes me want to go out and buy insurance. Sort of like an accident waiting to happen.

If the game had passed Art Shell and Tom Walsh by, then maybe young Kiffin is far ahead of the game and knows what the Raiders need. I want to believe that he's the answer, and I don't particularly hate the decision, but again, there's just something about it that makes me uneasy.

Maybe I just don't see the leadership qualities. Maybe it's just the way he comes across as trying too hard to please the Raider Nation. Whatever the itch I have that makes me uncomfortable, I'll give the kid a chance and try to hold my uneasiness at bay.

His bio says he's gifted at recruiting college players. Well, if the Raiders don't improve this season Kiffin and the whole darn team might find themselves playing in the East-West Game. And maybe we'll be lucky to unload the bunch, coach included, in time for the 2008 season.

I'm just not feeling this one Al! I'm really not!

No comments: