Friday, March 21, 2014

We Interrupt This Blog To Announce

March 21, 2014

I've just become grandfather to a healthy, 7 lb, 11 oz, 20.5 inch baby boy.  Mom is well, dad is taking pics and bursting with smiles.  Its a day that our family can say God spotted us far from the madding crowd and winked in our direction.  The baby is my daughter-in-law and son's first and my first grand-child to carry the family surname.  

As much as I love my four grandchildren, this fifth one carries a blessing that I am all to ready to receive.  Its a blessing that comes at a time in my life where all paths lead to rome.  Or put another way, I'm at a place where I see God in just about every living thing and body I come in contact with. Having this type of spiritual peace makes one's journey in life crystal clear; following in the path of a gracious, humble servant.

I thank my God for my family, my friends and my enemies.  Yes, it has been those I once may have counted as enemies who've helped reflect the obstacles within myself I needed to overcome.  

Today I give thanks for all those unselfish spirits who've touched my life to this point in the journey.  I pray this fifth grandchild of mine will find this world worthy of the gifts he brings from a distant shore.  And may his parents enjoy this new stage of their lives, one that will nourish their soul from here to eternity.

Congratulations World!

No comments: