Sunday, August 20, 2006

Witnessing Tiger


Tiger Woods won another PGA Tournament (the 88th annual PGA tournament) and we sports fans are fortunate to be alive to witness the coming of such a player.

I myself did not watch Tiger's latest championship tour but as you know, the media is hyping Tiger as the coming messiah of sports. They say there's never been one like him and most likely another won't come for some time. Sounds kind of christ-like to me.

I give Tiger credit for his hard work and dedication to the game of golf. Whether or not golfers are true athletes or deserve comparison to spiritual teachers is a debate I'll resurrect on another day. For now, Tiger Woods is yet again dominating his sport and the fans fully embrace him with their hearts and souls.

Here's a link to an interesting article by espn columnist Gene Wojciechowski: Woods is greatest individual athlete ever

No comments: