Monday, November 07, 2011

Integrity

Robert Lee Carter 1940-2011

in·teg·ri·ty/inˈtegritē/

Noun:
  1. The quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.
  2. The state of being whole and undivided: "territorial integrity".
What a coincidence that on a day that I sat with the ashes of a special friend, I'd be using the biblical quote from his obituary in a post for Boxing Legend Joe Frazier.

My friend Bob Carter had also done some amateur boxing and won a championship or two himself. He'd been a Marine and was a man that truly enjoyed life. A humble man who felt obligated to make sure those inside his circle as well as outside it were comfortable. A trusted and loyal friend loved by so many.

Bob simply was a champion in more ways than the fingers can count. I'll miss you Bob, but I'll never forget you Bob. Peace Be With You My Friend!

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
2 Timothy 4:7

No comments: