Monday, May 26, 2014

Spend Memorial Day With A Conga Master




As a young boy I'd play my older brother and sister's R&B records while banging on the tops of two bar stools in our living room.  I was funky.  Having an ear for music allowed me to adapt to percussion instruments with ease, however it wasn't until years later that I was introduced to Latin Salsa rhythms and began attempting to mimic the faster sounds.  

I'm still learning, which is what I'd like to have put on my tombstone.  Music is the medium that brings people of all backgrounds together.  I witnessed it yesterday at the SF Carnival Festival, a collage of peoples from all parts of the globe, eating, laughing, dancing and enjoying the gift of life.  Life is incredible, and music reflects the happiness our souls fill up with from loving life.

No comments: