Thursday, January 22, 2009

HISTORIC~


When is a picture more than just a picture? When it dredges up visions of what once was, what is today and what can be tomorrow. In other words, history past, present and future. The swearing in of America's first Black President is historic to so many in so many different ways. The beauty of it all is that we can all share in the glory of this historic moment regardless of race, creed or color. If the past administration's policies made Americans feel divided and abandoned as a result of political games and lies, then citizens should rejoice in seeing the end of such an era and the beginning of a new era of hope and change.

Mr. Bush, you may not have been the one who devised the plot to divide and conquer America, but you sure didn't seem much interested in making accountable those who did wrong. The new leadership believes we're a strong enough country to right the wrongs and heal the wounds inflicted on us these past eight years. I believe this to be so. And with that belief I bury my grief from the past. I dust myself off, lift my head high and march onward toward this new way of living in America. HOPE!

No comments: