Saturday, July 31, 2010

X-Games 2010



I post this bit of information about the 2010 X-Games as a way to connect with the younger generation. I discovered that a young man by the name of Ryan Sheckler is a "Dude" on the board as he won his 3rd gold medal in Skateboard Street today.

I've copied the names of the skateboard moves performed by Sheckler in hopes that someday I'll have an able bodied translator to describe just what the heck the move entails. Judging from the naming of the moves I make a quick assumption that skateboards have finally gone with "Jetsons" technology and are capable of unheard of sidewalk-to-air feats. I hope later to add some video footage of the moves described.

a warmup that included a kickflip backside boardslide on the rail, backside kickflip down the gap, a huge switch kickflip that he barely landed and a backside tailslide down the ledge that earned him a 90.33.

Is Narly still a cool phrase to use? Dude?

No comments: