Thursday, July 29, 2010

My Response To Defense of the Pit Bull

"Sweet Georgia Brown" with toddler

So I read this "Letters To The Editor" article this morning in the San Francisco Chronicle where someone wrote in to those who want to ban, muzzle or institute legal restrictions against pit bulls. The writer got my attention when comparing the temperament of pit bulls to Chihuahuas.

Now I've seen some very aggressive Chihuahuas. As a matter of fact, most Chihuahuas and small dogs of that like are aggressive little demons in need of Ritalin if you ask me. But I couldn't agree with the writer when comparing the agression of Chihuahuas with that of pit bulls. SOooo, being the blogger that I am, I responded:


In response to the "In Defense of the Pit Bull" article.
The day I begin seeing Chihuahuas with jaw strength capable of "biting, holding and shaking" its victim to death, sorry Taco Bell, but I will get on the bandwagon to ban Chihuahuas. Any pet that requires its owner to carry a "Break Stick" to lever their pet's jaws open if it bites a person or animal should not be allowed to walk un-muzzled or unleashed in public, especially where there's active children.

As for comparing a pit bull to the vehicle of a drunk driver, sure the car may not be the problem, but it too often ends up being the murder weapon of a drunk driver. May I suggest removing the teeth of aggressive pit bulls? "Sweet Georgia Brown," a pit bull rescued from Bad Newz Kennels, on property owned by former Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, has been de-toothed and can be seen online sleeping with a toddler in diapers.

No comments: