Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Why CALIFORNIA?


Today's National Weather Advisory for the midwest and northeast is brutal. Grandpa Winter is packing a punch as he skirts blisteringly across these regions causing havoc on people, property and travel. Its weather not fit for a dog to go visit his favorite hydrant in.

In Ohio more than 200,000 homes and businesses are without power. In the Chicago area, where many Jay Cutler haters are still fuming, 123,000 without power. Roofs are collapsing, roads are dangerous and night temperatures can be deadly in places like Kansas City where windchill factor makes it 5 to 15 below zero. Or Chicago where they're expecting 20 to 30 below.

Meanwhile, the current temperature in my California city-by-the-bay is a comfortable 60 degrees.........above zero. Many of the regions being blasted by this latest winter storm are going into Superbowl weekend without the most important party mix; Electricity & Cable. My prayers are with you all.

My California superbowl party host just called yesterday asking if I'd prefer mesquite or hickory wood chips in the barbecue grill this Sunday. That's what I like most about California and its winters; Choices. Sure I could go up north to a wintry wonderland if I choose, but why when I can stay home and wear my Raiders Jersey without a coat on Sunday? Choices man, everyone should have at least two.

For what its worth, here's a how-to for those poor souls who may find themselves without power this Superbowl Sunday. I give you this from the bottom of my heart, instructions for fireplace cooking from The Firepit and Grilling Guru. But be careful and follow safety precautions, wouldn't want your two choices of living accomodations narrowed down to simply one, a freezing garage.

No comments: