Friday, October 22, 2010

Texas Rangers Win ALCS, Await Giants!


That's right I said it, and I'll say it again. The Texas Rangers await the San Francisco Giants to begin the 2010 American League vs National League championship series.

After watching the dejected Yankees walking off the Rangers field and seeing all the Rangers fans deliriously celebrating their first ever American League Championship, I lost my cool.

I've been overly cautious when it comes to predicting my San Francisco Giants future fortunes. I've been infected with the baseball bug of superstition. I kept my trap shut through the final regular season series against the San Diego Padres. I attended two NLDS games against the Atlanta Braves and humbly refrained from uttering anything pertaining to the NLCS. I wouldn't even allow myself the pleasure of mentioning the "you know what" series when we went up 3-1 on the Phillies this week.

But tonight I courageously peeled the seal off that bottle of superstition and you know what they say about once the seal is broken; you can't stop the spirits from flowing freely.

The Giants are now up 3-2 in the N.L. series against the Phillies. They have tomorrow and Sunday to claim their N.L. crown in Philadelphia. It won't be as easy as it was for the Rangers who seemed to have the New York Yankees number. But I believe my team will get the job done. Any other team might be shaking in their cleats returning to the home of the defending National League championss for games 6 & 7, but not the Giants. They've thrived all season on taking the torturous path. To have it any other way just wouldn't be their style.


So I congratulate the Texas Rangers for getting to the........Big Sheeew. I look forward to this weekend's conclusion of the NLCS knowing that my Giants are the better team. So let the 2010 tour of torture continue its magical victory march to the Big Sheew.

Go Giants!

No comments: