Sunday, October 03, 2010

THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT!


The five classic words I hope to scream at the end of every major league baseball season:

On the last day of the final regular season the San Francisco Giants scored 3 runs to 0 against the San Diego Padres to earn their first National League West Division Championship in seven years. This Season has been Torturous and Magical for the Giants and their fans.
We fans who've ridden the Giants bandwagon all season long are now running on pure adrenalin fumes. Our tanks are empty but will be full once more when the Giants meet the Atlanta Braves beginning this Thursday for a best of five game series. I've already got my tickets and will be wearing orange to the Ball.

Funny how thoughts of last season's final home game come to mind. I'd taken my glove and ball to the game and afterwards, with the Giants out of the post-season once again, I moped around the park and downtown SF tossing that ball into the air, catching it in that old leather glove and saying to myself, "just wait'll next year."

Well, next year has come, the glove and ball will accompany me to a playoff game and I'm as happy as a mouse in a cheese factory. In the traditional style of comedian David Chappele:

We're In The Playoffs Bi@tch!



Congratulations 2010 San Francisco Giants



No comments: