Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Birthday "MOM"


October 18th, 1934

I burst into this world through a feminine canal gushing with a liquidious love so nourishing, that almost half a century later I still get goosebumps thinking of Mom's painful ordeal in birthing me.

Sacrifice is a mother's middle name. She does it over and over for her child throughout its life, without ever asking anything in return. Sacrifice is not a duty to a mother, its a way of mothering. She continues her sacrifice to the grave, where she prays to find reward and rest from her journey as well as ongoing angelic responsibilities toward her offspring.

I spend today in honor and acknowledgement of my mother's many sacrifices for me and the rest of our family. My hope is that her peaceful rest is God's reward to her for a motherhood well done.

Happy Birthday Mom

I promise to live my life in a way that your sacrifice in birthing and raising me will better humankind in unselfish ways as long as I live.

No comments: