Saturday, December 31, 2005

Raiders vs Giants - National Weather Advisory Warning!


Well I've made it to this, the final game of the dreadful 2005 season. And what do I get as a treat for all my suffering, A basically meaningless game to be played in what looks like a deluge of rain, wind and drunken New Years Eve revellers. Whoever thought of scheduling a Raiders game on New Years eve should be arrested for insighting a riot. The powers that be know how passionate us Raiders Fans get, and they know how we do it at our Tailgate Parties. My guess is that they want to get some good shots of us bringing in the New Year smashed so that they can broadcast it over the networks as a warning of how not to spend your New Years Eve. Yes, the conspiracy lives and I urge all Raiders Fans going out to the game tonight to be responsible and safe. Let's not give them any fuel to add to the fire they're always roasting us over.

As for the game, Bring on the playoff-bound New York Giants, bring on the record setting Rainstorms that the National Weather Advisory has warned will continue through the weekend, we've survived worse. And if we go down tonight I can truly say while weathering the ugly conditions that I, A Raiders Faithful, went down with the ship that was the Oakland Raiders 2005. But you can believe I'll be making sure that Kerry and Norv don't escape the blame and are tightly strapped to the mast as the ship goes under. So it's off to the game I go.

Oh, there will be one treat to look forward to tonight, Wet Raiderettes. Yes, if you're a red-blooded American born male, relationship committed or not, you don't wanna miss the Raiderettes performing in the rain. Trust me, I was at the rain-soaked game in 2002 when we played Kansas City in the final game. Of course the circumstances were different, we clinched home field advantage throughout the playoffs that game I think.

But other than Zack Crockett's two touchdowns and our defense shutting out KC, visions of the Raiderettes swinging their long wet hair seductively while performing shaking dance routines remain clear as crystal in my memory. And the great part was that the Coliseum camera crew didn't miss a beat. They made sure we got the full angles and looks that make the Raiderettes the finest babes in pro sports. I believe they even showed it in slow-mo a few times to give that SpiceChannel effect. You even get the change of outfits after the half-time. How does tight black bodysuits sound with a silver sash about the waste? Sounds better than the Autumn wind doesn't it? Either way, you'll leave the Coliseum with a smile and a dream.

Need Proof? Click here for the Raiderettes Rainsoaked Picture Gallery....You Dog.

Enjoy!

Happy New Years Raider Nation!

No comments: