Thursday, July 27, 2023

The Great Transformation - Death

In the last ten months I've lost friends and relatives who at some point in my life we had a special connection. Two of those who passed-on trod 90-plus years upon this earth, and I feel truly blessed to have shared earth-time with them. 

In soothing my grief, I have revisited books on my shelf that help bring peace and understanding to the mystery of death. The biblical verse "Weeping may last for a night, but joy cometh in the morning," can definitely be attributed to my condition after each departing soul took leave. For I have spent more time celebrating memories of times spent with them, than suffering the pain that loss always seems to bring. 

What I have tried to do over the years is change my perspective on friends and relatives who have passed-on. I see them in a new light, and I'd like to believe they see me in a new light too. That special connection we had in life somehow becomes stronger and more understanding, even with death as a curtain in between. 

I feel I have access to them all the time, and they access to me should there be a need. So, for me, life on earth becomes more a celebration and less a struggle to survive, because I have so much more to celebrate. And so little to fear.

I feel I have soulful beings, some might call angels, who are always present to make sure I continue to tread a righteous path and connect to all life, and someday death. They have become for me God's ambassadors, beacons lighting the way along the road I must continue to travel. 

I love life! And I hope to bring out the love in others in my death someday. It all becomes a matter of perspective. 






“The Dragonfly Story” by Walter Dudley Cavert - Make Fun Of Life!


willie powell, jr

mitsuru "mits" akashi

elbert powell, sr

clara skipwith burgess

don "deAnguelo" robinson

lois joideci

paul rogers


1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.



No comments: