Friday, July 09, 2021

SF Giants Throwback College Uniforms

I just Don't Like It! Since when does any underdog team, with a surprising league leading record midway through a season change uniforms? All true fans of any sport knows you don't change anything when your team is on a roll. That goes for players, fans and the front office of the organization. 

Here we have the San Francisco Giants leading all of baseball in Win-Loss standings and now the organization decides to pitch an unlucky uniform change? Maybe if the Uni's carried some semblance of Giants past, or even SF Seals linkage, I might welcome their introduction. 

But, at first glance, you'd think you're watching the Tennessee Vols college baseball team on the field.

No disrespect to the Volunteers of Tennessee, but these are the frick'in San Francisco Giants for Chrissake. Home of Mays, McCovey, Marichal and Mad Bum for crying out loud.

I don't know, maybe I have become one of those old-timers who has difficulty accepting change. For what its worth, I don't mind the 'man on second' extra-innings rule. But when a winning team goes against the baseball Gods gracious blessings by going off script, just to grease owner pockets, as the natives say; "Bad Juju."

I only wish the best for this exciting 2021 Giants baseball team as they hopefully continue to give me a season to remember. I will say, that I'll be first in line to purchase any post-season tickets should they earn the privilege to participate in this Fall Classic. 

I almost didn't write this post for fear of bringing some "Bad Juju" of my own onto the team. But tuning into tonight's game and seeing my beloved Giants awesome Orange Friday jerseys replaced with cream-puff white w/ college orange lettering was just too damn sacrilegious to ignore. Bring Back the Orange!









Nationals
Giants

No comments: