Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Tara Mechani


I took this picture of the artwork titled "Tara Mechani" in Jan., 2021, at a park in Hayes Valley, San Francisco. It reminded me of a similar piece of art that once graced a park on Treasure Island. Because I was trying for more of an "Attack of the 50ft Woman" photo shot, my picture really doesn't do her full, shapely, feminine figure and creativity justice. 

With her many recycled mechanical metal parts captivating the naked eye up close, she is a beautiful and intriguing specimen to behold.

"Tara, is a figurative sculpture that entwines aspects of the ancient female Buddha, with characteristics of a futuristic female robot."

I'm sure there are plenty other pictures online that show more details of this wonderful piece of art. 


I urge those who find this picture unique and expressive to browse the internet for other pics of Tara Mechani and the art of her creator, Dana Albany. 

"Art is too important not to share" - Romero Britto




No comments: