Sunday, April 04, 2021

Stanford Triumphs

NCAAW

Okay, as a SF Bay Area resident and fan, I'm proud of the Stanford Cardinals NCAAW championship this Sunday. But for me it felt like a bittersweet victory due to some bad calls or no-calls that went Stanford's way throughout the tournament. 

I felt the Cinderella Arizona Wildcats had the look and heart of a champion against a bigger, deeper Cardinals team. I'll put it this way; when the Cardinals were clicking it seemed some luck was involved, when the Wildcats clicked they looked athletically dominant and unstoppable. Just my opinion. The Cardinals did beat the Wildcats twice during the Pac 12 season, which made this showdown even more intense.

But for a ball or two bouncing Stanford's way, an underdog #3 seed could've hoisted the 2021 championship trophy. And that's why they call it March Madness. I take nothing away from the Cardinals. They went out and earned a title, their first since 1992.


Congratulations Coach VanDerveer and her Stanford Cardinals Women's Basketball team on bringing home an NCAA Championship!



No comments: