Sunday, July 13, 2014

Somoan Raider Delivers



Come the regular season, we're not playing for respect; f@ck respect, we're playing for a championship.  Anything less would be unRaider-like.  The Raiders have added more seasoned impact players this off-season than I've seen added since the Gruden days. I think its the beginning of a beautiful relationship between players and coaches. As Somoan Raider so poetically stated in putting this video together, Let's Get It Started.  Good Job my Pacific Island brotha! Great Job!

ESPN wants to rank us a bottom dweller in the league, I say thank you for not only proving the conspiracy still lives after Big Al, but also a big thanks for giving Raiders fans and players some gristle to chew on leading up to the start of the season.  

The Silver and Black are finally emerging from a deep, dark place.  Once they taste the blood of a beaten opponent I don't see this mix of veterans and young'uns letting up until the full mission is accomplished.    Its our time, its our turf, and I pity the fool who thinks they'll be able to come up in here and play us like a bottom dweller.  

Let'em believe the ESPN hype if they want. With the toughest schedule of any team this season, many analysts don't expect us to win a game. But this Raiders team is way too hungry to let others expectations define their commitment to excellence. Its only July, and already I feel the Raiders getting started on being great.  If you're an opponent on our schedule this coming season, you should start preparing for that date.  The Raiders will be playing a style of football bordering on a felony.  They'll be taking what they want and committing assault with weapons of mass destruction.  I'd hate to be the one to say I told you so, but I told you so. They're coming.

No comments: