Thursday, March 18, 2010

Raiders Draft Wish List

During the 2009 NFL season I was told of this college defensive tackle that's a beast. The stories of this man among boys came from one of those football friends who puts your knowledge of the players and game to shame, you know the ones.

Well here we are with draft day slowly approaching and I come across a "Mock Draft" put together by ESPN analyst Bucky Brooks. A mock draft is what it is, a mock, a mimicry, an imitation. But for Bucky however, to be drawing dollars from ESPN for putting it together, there must be some good fiber in the sandwich. As I scroll down to the Raiders #8 pick I see that Bucky has slotted Nebreska's defensive tackle, Ndamukong Suh, as the pick.

Now it all comes back to me, the friend who spoke so animatedly about a boy named Suh who played like a Man-child, wreaking havoc on college offenses. Ndamukong Suh, a 6'4, 300-pound defensive weapon that won five legendary defensive awards in 2009 and was nominated for the Heisman Trophy.

I know the Raiders need help on the offensive line, but to pass up a gem like Suh if he's available at number 8, could seriously haunt the Raiders for years to come. If its true that Defense Wins Championships, then Suh is a winning pick for the Raiders and could anchor a championship defense. Oh, I almost forgot, he also catches passes.

Vote Suh!




No comments: