Monday, March 01, 2010

Football Nicknames

Today I wrote out my list of 10 best professional football player nicknames. In coming up with the list I had to ask myself what makes a great football nickname?

I believe what separates great nicknames from good is how well it represents the player's style of play and his contribution to the sport. I excluded last names mainly because they're last names. But you've gotta admit, nothing describes football as much as a tough grinding football name like Nagurski, Namath, Unitas, Boozer or Butkus. We'll save these for another list.

Here's my list of what I consider best Football Nicknames:

10. Bullet
09. Hacksaw
08. The Juice
07. Sweetness
06. Snake
05. White Shoes
04. Crazy Legs
03. The Refrigerator
02. The Nigerian Nightmare
01. Prime Time

See ESPN's Best Football Nickname List

Best Sports Nickname:
















glen "Big Baby" davis

Shout out to NYC streetballer now NBA player: Skip-To-My-Lou

No comments: