Thursday, July 09, 2009

Raiders JaMarcus Russell Taking Command

Despite what you may have heard about Raiders Quarterback JaMarcus Russell missing the final Organized Team Activities today, the Quarterback and team are doing what needs to be done to be a winner, they're bonding.

When I heard the ESPN report about JaMarcus ducking out of team activities today I was puzzled. I knew JaMarcus was committed to being a leader but couldn't understand why he'd cutout on the activities. Of course if ESPN reported it then it must be so.

Well I found a Raiders source who begs to differ with the "Raider Hating" ESPN reportage. At Raiderbeat.com I read where JaMarcus has planned and paid for his receivers to assemble with him in Alabama for a private workout. Is it possible that the quarterback was gone today to make preparations for this private workout scheduled for next week? I don't know their schedule and its obvious neither does ESPN.

The Raiders will be a cohesive team this season. They're doing the things that teams do to become winning teams. I must be watchful for enemy sabotage until the season begins. I can't wait for the real battle day to arrive. I can smell football.

Raiders!

No comments: