Thursday, July 09, 2009

The Jealous Girlfriend Did It?

Part of me just wants to remember Steve McNair for the tough commanding quarterback that he was on the field. But the circumstances surrounding his death just keep nagging at my assumptions of "Air McNair" as an unflappable leader and family man off the field. I suppose its true that perception is reality until flavored with truth sauce.

Nobody's perfect, but those who take on celebrity status do have an obligation to the fans who are inspired by them, as well as their biggest fans, their children. And if he was such a great dad as they say, then why would he choose to hang out with a twenty-year old waitress for days without his wife and family seeing him? The weaknesses of men are many and fate has a way of revealing those weaknesses. Unfortunately for Steve it cost him fatally.

Was Air McNair a playa who got played? Was he caught up with the good looks and high energy of a young woman who saw him as the answer to all her hopes and dreams? Or was he just the victim of a girl gone wild with passionate jealousy and suicidal tendencies? We may never know.

But I will say this, and I'm sure many others are thinking the exact thing I'm going to say; There's much more to this story than the police, media, friends and family are telling.

Maybe I read too much and have seen too many CSI and Perry Mason episodes. Maybe I just have a hard time believing that the young and pretty waitress could shoot a person multiple times in cold blood then kill herself. The way in which the police have reenacted the crime is just too damn perfect for me. Didn't anyone in the complex hear five shots being fired?

This crime has everything; the football star, the beautiful mistress, the unsuspecting wife, the "Kaylo Kaylen" type roommate, the ex-boyfriend and police video footage of the victims just nights prior during a DUI stop. Its really only missing two things to make it the murder mystery of the new century; The frickin suicide note and O.J. Simpson. Lucky for O.J. he's behind bars or I'm sure he'd be hauled in for questioning, glove and all.

I apologize to Air McNair posthumously for adding to the web rumors of his death. But then again, if a different truth should surface in the future, I'd like to think that my little piece of celebrity gossip and opinion might of helped further the investigation.

As it stands in my book today, someone may just have carried out "The Perfect Crime." And chances are the killer(s) were questioned by the police and cleared. The real perpetrators may be reading this blog seconds after its posting. If that be the case then I must say this for the record in my own defense: I'm a blogger, not a snitch!

No comments: