Friday, May 27, 2022

SF Giants Game of the Week

 

Joc Pederson celebrates after hitting a three-run home run against visiting Mets

I exited from a friend's house after the bottom of the 6th inning with the Giants leading 8-2. I felt sure the Giants had the game in the bag. I was so sure of it that I didn't bother checking, nor hear about, the final outcome of the game until three days later. WOW!

When I read, Joc Pederson had 4 Hits - 8 RBI - 3 HR   on 6 at bats, I figured the game must've gone into multiple extra innings. Nope! Turns out it was one of the wackiest rollercoaster 8th and 9th innings of their 2022 season so far. And as far as what got into Joc, to have him launching Mets pitches like the second coming of Barry Bonds? Well, Barry Bonds of course:

Joc was seen pregame chatting with home run king Barry Bonds 

What a game for the Giants and their fans, against a media darling New York team. The Mets began multiple victory-like celebrations, only to have their Hearts Broken multiple times one night in San Francisco. Just imagine how they felt hearing Tony Bennett crooning the Giants victory tune (I Left My Heart, In San Francisco) at game's end. 



Final Score

Mets 12
Giants 13


No comments: