Sunday, October 29, 2017

World Series Baseball Rocks!

Wow!  WOW!

Nobody can put tonight's game 5 of the MLB World Series into words. Nobody.  It was simply a timeless piece of art that will endure long after the baseball artists who created it are gone!


This one's for the late, loveable Yogi!



Don't just hear about it, don't read tweets or eye Instagram shots, it simply won't give you what watching the game LIVE gave us baseball fans. It was five hours of the most thrilling, terror-filled, nail-biting, floor pacing, cursing and I Can't Take It Anymores that any baseball fan has ever lived through. I've simply never seen anything like it; such power, such timing, so many momentum swings. I lost my last nerve a few hours ago and wanna call my doctor for a prescription so I can go to sleep tonight.

Watching on television the loyal, celebrating Houston Astros Fans, who sat through the entire drama, makes me feel like I'm actually there in the ballpark high-fiving and exhaling with them. How the heck those fans made it through the game without medications I'll never know. For those taking blood pressure pills I'll put in a prayer for them to get home safely and without any medical complications. I'm sure every Astros fan in the ballpark is experiencing stoke-like symptoms right about now;


Whole body: balance disorder, fatigue, lightheadedness, or vertigo
Visual: blurred vision, double vision, sudden visual loss, or temporary loss of vision in one eye
Speech: difficulty speaking, slurred speech, or speech loss
Sensory: pins and needles or reduced sensation of touch
Facial: muscle weakness or numbness
Limbs: numbness or weakness

And as a SF Giants fan the real beauty of it all is that the L.A. Dodgers were the losers. They played like N.L. champions though, I'll give'em that. This game goes down as possibly the best modern day World Series game to date. Instead of lights out pitching, we were served a smorgasbord of power hitting. And I don't care what anyone says, home runs are much more exciting to watch over a five hour period than strike outs.

I, like most fans watching I'm sure, tried distracting myself with all sorts of little activities during the game just to get the tension off of me. From working on reinforcing a bookcase to fixing a leaky faucet. None of it worked.

Some games have a way of taking you over, body and soul; this was that game.

If you're not a sports fan then I'm sure this blog post sounds like some fanatical, sports obsessed, go get a life nutcase that needs a purpose in life.  Well let me tell you, after watching this World Series game 5, I can truly say that yes, I'm a proud member of the American Sports Fandom culture who find brotherhood and fellowship in watching special moments in pro sports. Tonight was without a doubt, special. Tonight, I died and went to sports heaven; ten times. It was......Heavenly!


Final Score (10th)
Dodgers 12
Astros 13


Can't wait to watch the replay, all 5 hours of it!

No comments: