Monday, December 13, 2010

Raiders Lose Game Of Big Plays


I worked all weekend and didn't see the high scoring game between the Raiders and Jacksonville Jaguars. Sunday when I heard the Raiders were up 24-14 in the third quarter I went back to work cheery-eyed and gleeful. I admit, I thought the game was in the bag.

What I didn't know was that the game was full of big plays both early and late, the latter two being a Jags 65 yard kickoff return with under two minutes left in a tie game to setup a 30 yard touchdown run by Jags RB Jones-Drew to to seal it.

The Oakland Raiders fought like road warriors this weekend but came up short of their goal. A win would've inched them closer to AFC West division leader Kansas City Chiefs who were shutout by the San Diego Chargers yesterday 31-0.
With three games left the Raiders still have a window of opportunity to win the division and make the playoffs, but its a very tiny window with many challenging obstacles to overcome, like Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts a day after Christmas. Even Santa has a hard time fitting through that window!





Win, Lose or Tie...............Raider 'Til I Die!

No comments: