Friday, November 26, 2010

KNBR's Torture After Turkey Day

Giants Series Clinching Games
Oct. 3rd - Padres 0 Giants 3



San Francisco Bay Area radio station KNBR broadcast a day of tribute to the San Fransco Giants run to the World Series Championship today. They did this by airing the Giants four series clinching games that ended with a game 5 victory over the AL Champion Texas Rangers.

Aired in four chapters, I just happened to catch chapter 3 which was game 6 of the NLDS against the Philadelphia Phillies in its entirety. It was as filling as the Turkey dinner I had yesterday.

Hearing Kruk, Kuip and John Miller call that torturous Pennant winning game made for a truly filling Thanksgiving Holiday buffet. I'll never get tired of re-living the Giants Championship season with all its trimmings. I listened and cheered as if I didn't know what the outcome would be. I suppose this is how fans of championship teams spend their offseason. Who Knew?

Anyone who says they play or watch for the love of the game hasn't participated in a World Series championship as a fan or player. The baseball season doesn't end for a champion, it just simmers and gets more flavorful to the palate like a good stew. You can put it in the refrigerator, take it out and heat it up a week later and it tastes better than the first spoonful. Like allowing the tenderizing seasoning overnight of meat, giving it time to sink in for better flavor. The Giants World Series win is the most tender and tasteful meat I've had the pleasure of putting on my barbecue since the Raiders won the 2002 AFC Championship.

Its my first championship and I'll never be the same as a fan because of it. I think all Giants fans feel the same way, we've been reborn and life is so full of ......optimism.


Don't talk to me about trades, free-agency or arbitration right now, I'm way too caught up in the afterglow of winning a World Series. I can't wait to see what Xmas Day 2010 brings to us Giants fans. Heck, I'd take a replay of the Giants Victory Day Parade over the Rose Bowl parade on television come New Years Day.

Let's Go Giants!

No comments: