Monday, May 17, 2010

WR Terrell Owens Still On Free Agent Market


I LIKE ME SOME ME!

That was then, when wide receiver Terrell Owens was a young and brash NFL weapon. In 2010 T.O is past his prime and has toned down his "ME" image. So can he help the Raiders offense this coming season? I believe he can. However, the contract that brings T.O. to Oakland should be packed with performance incentives as well as suspension penalties for conduct detrimental to the team.

I like that in T.O's 14-year career he's been durable and productive on the field. He brings experience and know-how to the Raiders young receiving corps. People ask what'll happen when T.O. doesn't get the ball as much as he likes? Well, winning shuts the mouth of many a ball hog. Sure he's probably lost a step, but experience can make-up for physical attributes in competitive sports.

I want to say the pros outweigh the cons in bringing T.O. to the Raiders. I'm craving to believe that an older, more mature T.O. can handle his business like a professional on and off the field. I pray I'm right, because if Al Davis wants to win as bad as his draft day acquisitions indicate, then its only a matter of time before talks begin with T.O..

I vote Yea in welcoming T.O. to the Raider Nation. The Coliseum might even sell out a few more home games just on the T.O. factor. He, unlike Randy Moss, plays hurt and plays every down. The Oakland Raiders with Owens would definitely make some noise in the NFL. A noise that comes with winning.

Sermon Over.
Let Us Pray!

No comments: