Thursday, May 13, 2010

SHARK TERRITORY!


The San Jose Sharks are one series away from advancing and playing for the NHL Stanley Cup. They'll face the Chicago Blackhawks this coming Sunday in game 1 of the Western Conference Finals to be held at HP Pavilion (The Shark Tank) in San Jose, Ca..

I've not been much of a hockey fan in the past. I've attended two games of the Stockton Thunder, an Edmonton Oilers AA minor-league affiliate, in two seasons. The up-close action was awesome. From those two experiences I'm hooked on watching Hockey Live.

So as I type this blog I'm also browsing Craigslist for a ticket to this Sunday's game. Tickets for game 1 are averaging about $225-250 a seat, whew boy! Oh hell, its the playoffs.

Go Sharks!

sidenote: The Philadelphia Flyers have tied up their semi-final series against the Boston Bruins and will play the deciding game 7 Friday in Boston.

I happen to own an orange Flyers cap that I wear to SF Giants games sometimes. Go Giants! I'm putting a blog curse on the Bruins in hopes that the Flyers defeat the Bruins in game seven.

So if you see a Hockey fan walking around with a Flyers cap on his head and wearing a Sharks Jersey please don't taunt. Understand that you can wear another team's gear in support of their upcoming battle against a team you despise. And I have a cold disliking for sports teams from Boston and Los Angeles. Yep, a COLD disliking! As cold as the 'snow-job' my Raiders got in the 2001-02 playoff game against the New England Patriots there at Foxboro.

IT WAS A FUMBLE!

But that's another story for another time. GO FLYERS!

No comments: