Friday, October 16, 2009

PARTY WITH FLOGGING MOLLY


Flogging Molly is a Band. I saw a guy wearing a Flogging Molly tee-shirt and it caught my attention, cool name. So I says to the little fella, "cool name, is it a band?" I suppose he didn't quite hear the "what is it" part. He turns to me smiling like a leprechaun and says, "Oh, you heard of em?" Sounding as Irish as "Mickey from the movie Snatch" . So I says, "No, but judging from that tee-shirt they must be a pretty cool band." He happily shucks out an agreeing comment I couldn't decipher. I says, "what type of music do they play?" He says "well, they h'ave a sort ov folk, keltic, Irish rock sound." I says, "Cool!" He strolls onward heading toward the Bart station and I feel as if I've been granted a bit of Irish luck for the day.

So this is Flogging Molly, "If I Ever Leave This World Alive." In tribute to the little guy with the cool shirt, leprechaun smile and Irish Pride.

No comments: