Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Newly Signed Linebacker Ed Hartwell

Just by his commitment to the Raiders alone, I'll say he's a keeper. Ed Hartwell comes to the Raiders after two seasons in Atlanta. Drafted in 2001 by the Baltimore Ravens, he had five years to learn from MLB Ray Lewis, one of today's best.

I don't know much else about Ed, but this following quote by him is what forced me to post him on my blog today. Any player, fan or casual observer of football who says the things Ed says about the Oakland Raiders is welcome on any blog of mine.

In Ed Hartwell's own words; "Becoming an Oakland Raider means more to me than just getting back on the field. It's a chance to play for the best franchise in football history. It has the best fans that any sport has to offer, a great cast of talented players & coaches, a legend as an owner, one of the best (attack style) defensive coordinators in the league in Rex Ryan, and most of all I get to be reunited with the best coach I have EVER played for Coach Don Martindale. I vow to do everything in my power to bring another Superbowl to Al Davis and the Raider Nation."

Honorable Mention: WR Marcel Reece

No comments: