Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Madness of March

College Basketball Time. Possibly my most watched television time of the year. I try listening to sports talk radio while watching the basketball games on tv but usually wind up raising the tv volume to outblast the radio. Yeah, the life of a year around sports fan is tough, but somebody's gotta do it. So here I am watching UCLA blowout Belmont in the first round while listening to KNBR sportstalk discuss NFL free agent signings. The sports section of this mornings newspaper is still open to the SF Giants and Barry's two homer spring training game yesterday in Scottsdale. Even a second book on steroids won't stop Bonds this season. Meanwhile, the USA Classic Baseball team lives to play another day thanks to Korea beating Japan yesterday. I wonder how Japan feels being that a bad call in their 4-3 loss against USA may have cost them that game?

Cal Bears play NC State tomorrow. UOP Tigers lost today. Stanford lost in their first round NIT game yesterday. I refuse to back any southern cal. team just because they're SoCal. Let Jim Rome root for them.

Well, back to basketball. I've chosen Villanova to win it all but I'm keeping an eye on the Iowa team. Duke and Connecticut are a bit overrated in my book.

No comments: