Sunday, March 05, 2006

It's Official: Kerry Collins Cut

Okay Raiders! At least something good has come out of the NFL contract negotiations. The Raiders will save $9.2 million against the salary cap by cutting QB Kerry Collins.

Whatever the reason, Collins was cut today and my Oakland Raiders will begin searching for a new leader at Quarterback. I saw an article that suggested Dante Culpepper as a possible replacement, sounds good to me. I'm so estatic from the news that collins is gone that I'd welcome back 55 year old Vince Evans, wherever he is now, much less a Vince Young draft pick. Ding Dong the glitch is gone.

I, like most Raiders fans, have suffered so much from watching Kerry Collins quarterback us to a 7-21 record over the past two seasons that I really can't find any positive parting words to send him off with. Maybe I'll leave that up to a site I found while searching for the "wonderful" news. Who would've thought that some poor fan, probably some high school buddy of Kerry's, has set up a Kerry Collins Un-official fansite on the internet. See: members.tripod.com/~kerrycfan/collins.html

For what it's worth Kerry, it wasn't all your fault. Norv Turner shares the blame.

Now we sit back and watch with fingers crossed as the Raiders organization begins putting together the parts for a winning football team come next season.

No comments: