Thursday, October 20, 2005

Missed Opportunity

I missed out on an opportunity to be in the Will Smith movie. Long story, but I'll try to keep it short. Remember the pictures I took for the modeling/talent agency? Well, I now receive in my email updates and listings of not only model shoots but also movie parts, commercials and other talent related advertising jobs.

I replied to one requesting a Tai Chi practitioner. It may or may not have been the Will Smith movie, I'm not sure. Anyways, I received a text message on my cell phone on Saturday asking me to reply if interested in a paramedic part where I draw blood from Will Smith. They were shooting the part in San Leandro that day and needed my immediate reply. Only problem is I didn't know it was a text message and thought my cellular voicemail was having problems. I've been stumped by the mail envelope that's been on my cell screen since saturday.

So this morning I'm telling my roommate about the problem with the mail envelope appearing with no voicmail message. Of course my cellular guru roommate then takes a look at my phone and immediately checks text messages. And there, in clear text communicato, was my calling for 15 minutes of fame and glory. I'd missed not only my calling but a chance to make a few hundred dollars for a few hours work.

In the famous words of the late Florida Evans from the sitcom GoodTimes: Damn! Damn! Damn!

But I still have this wonderful blog to express my many talents on. And you wonderful fans out there to share in my daily adventures of life. After seeing the movie "On the Waterfront" for the first time last week, I now understand Marlon Brando's character when he said:

"I could've been somebody, I could've been a contender."

No comments: