Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Happy Birthday Mom











I lit a candle for what would have been my Mother’s 71st birthday. Here is what I wrote to my mom for her birthday.

I saw your face in a picture taken of me recently mom.
I knew I carried traits of you but never had I seen those traits reflected so clearly.
The resemblance was all in the cheekbones and smile.
It warmed me so to see you again.
The blessings just keep coming don’t they?
To receive such a gift just a day before what would’ve been your 71st birthday is priceless.
So here I am today at the Cathedral about to light a birthday candle for you.
A candle that represents the path you illuminated for me in life and in death.
“I follow wherever I am led knowing so well thy father’s hand”

Happy Birthday Mom

1 comment:

deAnguelo said...

That was a very sweet letter. It's nice to see a rememberance to your Mother going out to the world, both spiritually and electronically.

I started doing the very same thing myself some time ago, and to my guilt, failed to continue. But, seeing your Letter has given me incentive to begin again. Thanks!

deAnguelo