Tuesday, July 03, 2018

Whassup Cousin Boogie!

That's right ya'll. The Golden State Warriors have added 4x NBA All-Star center DeMarcus Cousins, better known as Boogie. For reasons nobody can explain Boogie wasn't getting signed. Sure he's coming off an achilles tendon injury, but players have come back from worse.  Seems it was Cousins who contacted the Warriors with a make me an offer attitude. What were they to do? They couldn't turn him down at a mid-level price. 

Comments around the league and from fans are crying foul and calling the signing downright unfair. We Warriors fans see it as preparation meeting opportunity. As NBA Back-2-Back Champions they know what it means to never get comfortable with success. They're always preparing for the next challenge. With Lebron and Rondo joining their Pacific Division Lakers and taking Warriors center JaVale McGee with them, the Warriors had to fire back.

Boom goes the dynamite. Cousins is a Warrior and everyone with a playground's understanding of the game knows what that means; did someone whisper 3-Peat?

I'd like to thank two-time champion JaVale McGee for all is hustle and hard work. It's been 2x Real my brotha! Stay up on your asthma meds in Los Angeles. That pollution in their air can be suffocating.

Welcome to the Warriors my Cousins. While the rest of the league are moaning and groaning from news of your signing, we here in the Oakland/SF Bay Area just caught Boogie Fever!




Boogie Fever - The Sylvers (1976)


Boogie fever, got to boogie down
Boogie fever, I think it's going around

I took my baby to the drive-in show
She turned the speaker down
And then she turned on the radio
I watched a silent movie, diggin' funky sound

She's got the boogie fever
She likes to boogie down
Boogie fever
I think it's going around
I took my baby to the pizza parlor (pizza parlour)
To get a bite to eat, na na na
I put some money in the jukebox for her
You know she ate her pizza dancing to the beat
She's got the boogie fever
She likes to boogie down, oh
Shes got the boogie fever
I think it's going around


No comments: