Sunday, April 08, 2012

Bubba-licious

Jerry "Bubba" Watson, U DA MAN!


I'm not a golf man, plain and simple.  I appreciate the sport and the players but I haven't put in the time to really learn the game.  I've been to a golf course once and hit balls from the range until my elbow joints felt deformed.  It ain't easy.


So when I saw the highlights of the professional level of play in today's 2012 Masters Golf event, my jaw dropped open.  There were shots going in from football field lengths away.  There were balls literally falling out of the sky finding the green like they had radar technology inside.  There was a double eagle, which I understand is insanely rare.  And then there was a shot that can only be called BubbaMazing!


With his golf ball resting in a nook of trees atop pine needles made for a grizzly bear den, Bubba Watson stroked a shot that went high, curved deep and landed within striking distance of the hole. They're saying the shot is like trying to hit a golf ball from your front yard to your back yard without going over top the house.  Insane!


Bubba earned today's master's win with gutsy play and crafty skill. Congratulations My Man!


So move over Manning, Tebow, Griner and Jeremy Lin.  There's some unbelievable golf being played these days and the man that lit up the day with his amazing swing of the golf club today  was Jerry "Friends-Call-Me-Bubba"Watson.  What a gritty performance against a top level field of competition.


And That's why they call it the Masters!

No comments: