Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Chicago Blackhawks Take NHL Stanley Cup


The Chicago Blackhawks "Road to the Cup" was a twenty-two game battle through four Cup-hungry opponents;

Predators-----Canucks-----Sharks-----Flyers


Although I rooted against the Blackhawks through two of the four series (Sharks, Flyers) I definitely tip my hat to them tonight as they wrap up ........................

Oh Shucks! My Bad. I didn't realize there's still over 12 minutes of championship hockey left in the third and final period with the Blackhawks up 3-2. I was way too busy sulking in the San Francisco Giants loss to the Cincinnati Reds 6-3. Buster Posey did get his first major league home run.

I could've sworn I saw a Blackhawk player lifting the Stanley Cup over his head as I switched briefly to the game. Did they have color television in 1961, the last time Chicago won it all?

Apologies Hockey Fans!

The good news is that my Philadelphia Flyers, down 3 game to 2, still have a ghost of a chance to extend the series to a game 7.

Go Flyers!

No comments: