Saturday, November 10, 2007

Why Not Russell Now?


Here's a link for all Raiders Fans who think JaMarcus Russell needs to start Now.

Building A Russell Friendly System

In this article NFL writer Jerry McDonald points out just why the Raiders should not throw JaMarcus Russell into the mix anytime soon.

I admit, after watching Josh McCown and Dante Culpepper throw crucial interceptions in games, I was on the "Start JaMarcus Now" band wagon. Even bought a JaMarcus #2 T-shirt on my way out of the Coliseum after the Kansas City loss to encourage coach Kiffin to start him.

But after letting my anger and frustration subside I've come to see the rebuilding light. Bottom line, we cannot afford to ruin our franchise player by throwing him to the wolves early. As stated in the article, the Raiders should have a sound offensive system in place with players that fit well in that system before adding to it a rookie quarterback with such potential. And that especially applies to an offensive line that can protect the pocket.

So I'll be patient as the Raiders hobble through this season. I'll be patient as long as the coaching staff keeps the team competitive. And the one thing the Raiders have been this season that they were not last season is competitive.

I'm Still In!

No comments: