Monday, September 26, 2005

This would never ever happen at a Raiders home game!

We Raider fans are loyal and committed to the silver and black. We live and breathe that Raider mystique that so many write and talk about. And though some of us truly hate those whiners across the bay, most of us just feel sympathy for the fair weather fans that follow the team. I myself am neutral when it comes to the whiners and their fans. Those Montana days were special and I'll admit I watched in awe the magic that team displayed, even if they questionably minipulated the salary cap. But that was before the Raiders return. Before Chucky grimaced and sneered on the Coliseum sidelines. Before the Raiders return to the Glory of Divisional and Conference Championship wins.

So when I read in the newspaper today about the tough losses both teams endured over the weekend I felt anger for my Raiders of course, but for that other team across the bay I felt pity after reading what took place at Candlestick Park. My team may be 0-3 as of this Monday, but never will you see anything in print about a Raiders home game like you saw today in the demoralizing article that reflects whiner fan loyalty. I feel for those players in red and gold and I wonder just what went through their psyche when their offense had to scrap the shotgun formation because of the Dallas Fans zealous screaming in the stadium, The stadium that Joe built. Joe would be ashamed.

Thus here's a portion of the article by chronicle staff writers Kevin Lynch and John Crumacker:

DALLAS FANS MAKE THEMSELVES AT HOME

When the 49ers were driving Sunday for a possible game-winning touchdown or game-tying field goal, it was unclear whether the team was playing in San Francisco or Texas. Fans clad in Cowboys blue and silver were in such full throat that 49ers quarterback Tim Rattay had to abandon the shotgun formation and go under center because his teamates couldn't hear the signals.

Defensive tackle Anthony Adams admitted it was strange to see so many Cowboys fans at Candlestick, and 49ers coach Mike Nolan even made an appeal to fans before leaving his post game news conference.

"I would like 49ers fans to keep their tickets," Nolan said. "That would be nice."

No comments: