Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sada Abe (阿部 定) 1936


movie based on actual events


I tell yah, you go browsing for something on the internet and you stumble across information that makes you gasp in wonder. And then the thought of the victim in this story possibly loving every minute of it drives you to want a stiff drink.  The following quotes are taken from wikipedia's:(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sada_Abe)


When I bumped into the story of a Japanese woman cutting off her lover's penis in 1936, I figured it to be just another cheatin' man receiving pay in full for his mistreatment of a woman scorned.  But then I kept reading and reading and reading and came across what the little Japanese woman told the interrogating police officer her reason for chopping it off was:


"I loved him so much, I wanted him all to myself. But since we were not husband and wife, as long as he lived he could be embraced by other women. I knew that if I killed him no other woman could ever touch him again, so I killed him....."


She told the police this with sparkling eyes reflecting her excitement at doing the deed.


When asked why the genitalia, our little woman replied, "Because I couldn't take his head or body with me. I wanted to take the part of him that brought back to me the most vivid memories.


Mind you she'd killed her lover in his sleep by strangling him to death with her sash.  She later told police, "After I had killed Ishida I felt totally at ease, as though a heavy burden had been lifted from my shoulders, and I felt a sense of clarity." After lying with Ishida's body for a few hours, she next severed his genitalia with the kitchen knife, wrapped them in a magazine cover, and kept them until her arrest three days later.


Sada Abe was not a woman scorned or cheated on.  Sada was a woman who after years of promiscuity, finally found the one man who could satisfy her needs in every way.  Evvvery Way!  She'd contemplated committing suicide after the murder by jumping off a cliff with the severed penis in her hand as she details at the end of this confession:


 "I felt attached to Ishida's penis and thought that only after taking leave from it quietly could I then die. I unwrapped the paper holding them and gazed at his penis and scrotum. I put his penis in my mouth and even tried to insert it inside me... It didn't work however though I kept trying and trying. Then, I decided that I would flee to Osaka, staying with Ishida's penis all the while. In the end, I would jump from a cliff on Mount Ikoma while holding on to his penis."


In the end Sada didn't take the plunge but instead was arrested, tried and sentenced to six years in prison; she served five before being released.  She must've had a very sexual character, for the presiding judge admitted to being sexually aroused by some of the details involved in the case, yet made sure that the trial was held with the utmost seriousness.


The relationship between Sada and her lover Ishada was an erotically charged sadomasochistic sexual frenzy that eventually went up in flames.  The background on Sada Abe's life might've contributed to her overly sexed desires. Her father had rented her out to a geisha house as a young woman, which was not necessarily a thing looked down upon.  Her lover, Kichizo Ishida, had been known for his womanizing ways before he met Sada. Seems they were a match made for one another.


As with the 1936 headlines, today Sada Abe would definitely garner front page newprint as well as top story status across the internet.  But in 1936 Japan and the world were different.  What was the same however was the love residing in the heart of a woman.  It sure doesn't justify the crime but it gives us a glimpse into the climaxing heights and darkly deep caverns of love.


Here's Sada's statement before sentencing:
"The thing I regret most about this incident is that I have come to be misunderstood as some kind of sexual pervert... There had never been a man in my life like Ishida. There were men I liked, and with whom I slept without accepting money, but none made me feel the way I did toward him."



Sada Abe
1905-1970


Sada Abe (阿部 定)

Newspaper photo taken shortly after Abe's arrest, at Takanawa Police Station, Tokyo on May 20, 1936.BornMay 28, 1905[1]
Kanda, Tokyo, Japan[1]Diedafter 1970Charge(s)Second-degree murder, and mutilation of a corpse[2]Penalty6 years imprisonment
(commuted)Occupationgeisha, prostitute, maid, author, actress, waitressParentsShigeyoshi and Katsu Abe[

No comments: